Updated: Apr 6, 2020
5 things you can do to help you maintain physical and emotional balance whilst our world is in turmoil
I Just want to share with you some things I have been doing for years which help me maintain physical and emotional well being. I hope they help you too.
1) Practice deep breathing techniques. Inhale for a count of 4, acknowledge the pause at the top of your breath then gently exhale for a count of 4, Ideally through your nose on both inhale and exhale. As you become more accustomed to this you can extend the counts for your breath.
2) Learn something new or do something you have never done before- going out of your comfort zone maintains clarity and focus. I am currently learning how to deliver on line classes and am writing my first ever blog!
3) Try to move and exercise at least 4 or 5 times a week. There are lots of great fitness classes. Obviously it would be lovely if you booked onto one of the many that I am offering.
4) When outside running or walking, instead of thinking about all that is going on in the world, just look around you. I count nature, and have even started to look for more as I am on my daily runs or walks. It is amazing the beauty around.
5) Focus on your nutrition, maintain a well balanced diet. Eat regular meals. Try not to sit snacking at your lap top. Have scheduled breaks. If you feel you need to speak to a nutritionist I am offering a 20 minute confidential complimentary telephone service.
6) I know I said 5 but I meant 6! Focus on what that you can STILL do rather than what you can't. Focus on the what you STILL have rather than on what you do not have.
Photo credit firstname.lastname@example.org
Om shanti Helen